Amber coloured honey right from the plantations of Punjab And Haryana, yielded carefully from the hive as it tends to crystallise too soon. With Numerous healing properties it is the perfect pick for a healthy morning.
Making mustard honey is quite a task for me, as I have to search for nectar from different plants. Known by the name of ‘Brassicaceae’, this plant is informally known as the mustards, mustard flowers, the crucifers, or the cabbage family. To prepare my 7Seeds honey I choose the mustard plantations of Punjab and Haryana in North India. Here I can find lush fields of Mustard and my task beomes easier. However, the good part is that this flower has bright yellow flowers, which are easy not only to locate but also I get the freedom to collect nectar from the plantations of mustard, rape seed and canola, all from the same family. Once I make this honey it is known for crystallising very quickly because of its high fructose content.
Is a rich source of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, dietary foliate, vitamin A and C.
• Protects from gastrointestinal cancer: Packed with phytonutrients, mustard seeds are a great way to prevent and slow the progress of cancers of the gastrointestinal tract. Studies have shown that mustard seeds have properties that can restrict the growth of already present cancer cells and prevent the formation of new cancers.
• Helps to control symptoms of asthma, as it is high in selenium and magnesium; both the components give it unique anti-inflammatory property.
• Is useful to relieve muscle pain, rheumatism and arthritic pain.
• Helps to lower cholesterol as it contains high levels of niacin or vitamin B3. Niacin has properties that help lower one’s cholesterol levels and protects the arteries from atherosclerosis (plaque build-up). It also helps to regulate blood flow and protects the body from hypertension.
• Helps to reduce constipation and may relieve symptoms of piles and fissures:
• Is effective in fighting skin infections.
• Improves immunity and helps improve the body’s ability to fight disease.